1. For bookings with 6 guests or less, bookings may be held on a provisional basis without payment
for a maximum of 14 days.
2. For bookings where there are more than 6 guests, then the bookings may be held on a provisional
status without payment for a maximum of 14 days.
3. Extensions of provisional hold periods will be on request and approved at the sole discretion of
4. For bookings with 6 guests or less, a 20% deposit is required to confirm a booking.
5. For bookings with more than 6 guests travelling, a 20% deposit is required to confirm a booking.
6. For bookings where there are 6 guests or fewer, full payment of booking will be required 30 days
before the date of arrival.
7. For bookings where more than 6 guests are travelling, full payment of the booking will be required
45 days before the arrival date.
8. For bookings where the lodge is booked on an exclusive-use basis, full payment is due 90 days
9. Should a booking be deferred, the terms and conditions and rates for the new period will be
10. On confirmation of a booking, Thornybush will require the following information for each guest
traveling as part of the booking:
• Surname and Christian names as they appear in their passport or identity document.
• Any medical conditions that the lodge should be aware of.
• Arrival and departure details.
• Any special dietary requirements or special requests.
• Mobile number of traveller and emergency contact person and number.
• Room configuration – double/twin or single beds.
• Travel Insurance details.
• Any other specific requirements, medical and other.
1. For bookings of up to 6 guests:
• 20% cancellation fee from confirmation of booking to 60 days prior to arrival date.
• For cancellations made 59 days to 30 days before travel date; a 50% cancellation fee will
• For cancellations made 29 days to 0 days before travel date; a 100% cancellation fee will
2. For bookings of more than 6 guests:
• 20% cancellation fee from confirmation of booking to 45 days before arrival date.
• 100% cancellation fee if cancelled 44 days or less before arrival date or for any no-shows.
3. For bookings of more than 6 guests, should the numbers in a group decrease after the booking has
been confirmed, cancellation fees will be calculated and charged on the number of released beds.
4. Requests for postponement of bookings before 60 days of travel will be considered, but there
are no guarantees that cancellation penalties will be waived. Requests for postponement of
bookings within 60 days of travel will not be considered and will trigger a full cancellation penalty.
5. For bookings for third-party services, the relevant third-party terms and conditions will apply.
These terms and conditions are available on request.
1. Any refund due by Thornybush to the client may, at the discretion of the client, either be held as a
future credit by Thornybush in the name of the client at full value for use against any future
booking or returned to the client subject to a 3% administration fee on the full booking value.
2. Credit and refund values are strictly in the contracted service currency and are not subject to any
exchange rate consideration thereon.
3. The above excludes all 3rd party provider payments. Refunds for 3rd party providers are subject to
their terms and conditions. These are available on request.
1. Payments to Thornybush may be affected by either:
• A credit/debit card link. A link to the Peach Payment site (Thornybush’s payment partner)
will be generated and sent on request from the client; or by
• Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly into bank account, details provided below.
2. A proof of payment in respect of any reservation must be emailed to the Thornybush consultant
attending to the reservation.
3. Any bank charges related to international payments are for the customer’s account.
4. For sole use bookings, the primary contact for the group will be liable for costs related to any
changes/cancellations and make sure the full lodge payment is still covered.
5. Bank account details are:
Inzalo Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd trading as Thornybush
First National Bank
Wierda Valley Branch Code: 260950
Account Number: 62357054958
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
1. For visits to Thornybush Game Lodge and Jackalberry Lodge
• Children of all ages are welcome.
• Children under 6 years of age are not permitted on game drives.
• To guarantee a game drive for children under 6 years, a private vehicle should be booked
(subject to availability) at an additional cost of R12 500 per day.
2. For visits to Saseka Tented Camp and Simbambili Game Lodge
• Children 12 years and older are welcome.
3. For visits to Little Saseka (at Saseka Tented Camp), children of all ages are welcome when booked
with a private vehicle.
4. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted on bush walks. A responsible adult must
accompany children under the age of 16 during game drives.
5. Notwithstanding the above points, Thornybush management may refuse anyone they deem
unsafe/unsuited to participate in any activity.
1. Valid for the calendar year 2022:
• For visits to destinations in the Thornybush Nature Reserve:
o Conservation fee, TOMSA and Community levy of R250 per person per night.
• For visits to destinations in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve:
o Conservation fee, TOMSA and Community levy of R250 per person per night
o Sabi Sand Wildtuin gate fee payable direct at Gowrie Gate (for guests staying at
• R310 light vehicle entry; and
• R140 per person entry.
2. Valid for the calendar year 2023:
• For visits to destinations in the Thornybush Nature Reserve:
o Conservation fee, TOMSA and Community levy of R320 per person per night
• For visits to Simbambili in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin
o Conservation fee, TOMSA and Community levy of R450 per person per night
o Sabi Sand Wildtuin gate fee is payable direct at Gowrie Gate (for guests staying at
o R310 light vehicle entry; and
o R140 per person entry
1. Thornybush will not be held responsible for any actual or alleged loss, liability, damage, claim,
compensation, injury, sickness, disease, death, medical payment, costs, or expenses, including legal
or professional costs, or any other amount, directly or indirectly caused by, arising from, or in
connection with a Communicable Disease or fear or threat (whether actual or perceived) of or
associated with a Communicable Disease.
2. For the purposes of this clause, loss, liability, damage, claim, compensation, medical payment, cost
or expense, or any other amount, includes, but is not limited to, any cost to clean-up, detoxify,
remove, monitor, or test for a Communicable Disease.
3. A Communicable Disease means any disease which can be transmitted by means of any substance
or agent from any organism to another organism where the substance or agent includes, but is not
limited to, a virus, bacterium, parasite or any other organism or any variation thereof, whether
deemed living or not, and the method of transmission, whether direct or indirect, includes but is
not limited to, airborne transmission, bodily fluid transmission, transmission from or to any surface
or object, solid, liquid or gas or between organisms, and the disease, substance or agent can cause
or threaten death, bodily injury, illness, emotional distress, damage to human health, human
welfare or property damage.
• It is the guests’ sole and absolute responsibility to ensure that they have adequate and
suitable comprehensive travel and medical insurance in place to cover themselves, as well
as any dependents, or travelling companions. This insurance should include cover in
respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of
the booking, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, hometown repatriation
expenses, damage and/or theft / and/or loss of personal property, baggage, money, and
goods. Thornybush, their representatives, directors, officers, employees, and agents will
not be responsible for any damage, loss, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by the
guest, or guest’s dependents or travelling companions, as a result of or in connection with
any of the abovementioned events. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service
providers for any emergency services they may require and may find themselves in a
position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance
• In the event that either party cannot perform its obligations in terms of this agreement
due to any reason out of its control, including but not limited to; force majeure, acts of
God, travel bans, and restrictions imposed by a competent authority or the government of
the Republic of South Africa, both parties will be excused from any obligation in terms of
this agreement in respect of only the affected reservation/s.
• It is the guest’s sole and absolute responsibility to ensure that they are aware of and take
any necessary health precautions recommended or required for travel with Thornybush,
as well as to declare their medical status about COVID-19 or any other Communicable
• It should be noted that malaria is endemic to Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces where
Thornybush lodges are located.
• Subject to the applicable Laws, including the European General Data Protection
Regulation and South African Protection of Personal Information Act, and Thornybush
Guest’s right to privacy.
• Personal data collected and stored by Thornybush will be used for the sole purpose of:
o Fulfilling its obligations in terms of the reservation; and
o Market data analysis.
• Thornybush may retain such personal information for as long as is necessary or legally
required to render its services or as may be required to comply with relevant statutory
obligations under Applicable Laws.
• Except to the extent of its gross negligence, recklessness or willful misconduct,
Thornybush will not be directly or indirectly liable or responsible for any damages
suffered by the Guest as a result of the transmission of any information disclosed to
Thornybush through electronic means.
• By confirming the booking, Guests consent to the lawful processing of their personal
information by Thornybush.
• Guests may, at any time, withdraw the consent provided on written notice to
• Thornybush will cease to process and destroy the personal Information In respect of
which consent has been withdrawn.
• Thornybush acts as an agent only in securing services outside of our own lodges and
therefore cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or any other
irregularity that may occur by suppliers other than Thornybush.
1. Either party shall be entitled to, without prejudice and in addition to any rights which they may
have in terms of this agreement or in terms of the law of the Republic of South Africa, terminate
this agreement with immediate effect or uphold this agreement and in either event to claim such
damages as it may have suffered if the other Party:
• Commits a breach of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, and fails to
remedy such breach within a period of 7 (seven) days of receiving written notice thereof
from the other party; or
• Does not fulfil the conditions of payment agreed between both parties; or
• Takes steps or has steps taken against it for liquidation, winding up, deregistration, judicial
• Has committed an act of insolvency or an act which would be deemed an act of
insolvency by the law of the Republic of South Africa and /or in the country of domicile
(i.e. registration and incorporation) of the client
1. Either party has the right to terminate this agreement by giving the other party not less than thirty
days’ written notice. Such notice shall not prejudice any rights which may exist before or during
the such notice period, during which both parties shall remain committed to fulfilling any and all
obligations in terms of this agreement